Sunday, November 2, 2008

4 Days Old - Part 2














Pictures are worth 1000 words. Obviously Jeremiah came off the CPAP today!!
Praise God! That is an answer to prayer. He didn't even have to go from CPAP to a Nasal Cannula before transitioning to room air. That means his lungs are working a lot better than before and more progress can be expected. He still has some retraction and labored breathing, and they must wait until his breathing is a little better before he can eat without a feeding tube. However, this is a HUGE improvement and it meant that Mommy and Daddy got to hold him today for the second time ever.
Jennifer said that she walked in the room and the nurse came over about as fast as she could and said 'Here you go mommy', knowing Jennifer had been waiting for that moment for a LONG time! She got to let Jeremiah suck on her finger as he ate via feeding tube and then he fell asleep. She proceeded to hold him for the next hour and a half while he slept. What a wonderful day of good news! We pray tomorrow is even better.

2 comments:

~Cherokee said...

I so cried when I heard this! He is so precious!! I can't wait to hear how the girls reacted!!

Scott, Bri, Elijah, Abigail said...

Yeah. I haven't heard either. They did get to peek in, but I don't know anything else yet.