Friday, June 8, 2012

Good Bye Pre-School

Dear Kathryn and Kimberly,

This week we have said goodbye to pre-school.  Your Daddy keeps saying "Its the end of an era" and I guess he's right.  Last summer, we decided that we were going to homeschool you for pre-school to see how it went and decide if we wanted to homeschool you for kindergarten.  But, then at the last minute you were accepted into the NC Pre-K program at the Children's Campus, so thats where you went.

On the first day you were super excited and didn't appear to be nervous at all.  I think you guys are pretty lucky to be twins, because you were able to take your sister with you on this journey.  You had a great first day and a fantastic year.  Your teachers and even the director of the school said they loved having you there.

You both learned so much this year, I'm so glad we ended up choosing to let you go to pre-school.  I have seen you both come out of your shells and really start to develop your own personalities this year.

Kimberly, you have always been (and I believe always will be) a very tenderhearted person.  You always want to make sure everyone is happy and everyone is included.  You love arts and crafts, and you love it even more when you get to make something to give to someone.  You love to wear dresses and leggings, and you love to have your hair done in new ways.  You are a sweet, loving, giving person and I pray you will stay that way forever!

Kathryn, you are a very independent person!  You love to figure things out for yourself and you love learning new things.  You are also one of the most helpful people I have ever met!  Whenever I need help with something, I know I can count on you to help.  When I asked you what you loved most about pre-school, you told me when the teachers let you help set up lunch.  You love to wear t-shirts and shorts and you'd prefer to just brush your hair and leave it down.  You are a loving, helpful, determined person and I pray you will stay that way forever.

I am so PROUD of you girls!  Not just for what you learned and accomplished this year....but because you gave your best effort!  Its not always the end product that counts, but the effort you give and the lessons you learn along the way that is important!  No matter where you go in life, I will always be proud of you for giving your best efforts!

Always remember that I love you!  I will ALWAYS love you!!
Mommy

P.S. In case you ever forget all the fun we had celebrating your preschool graduation, here are some pictures for you.

On Tuesday night we had cupcakes and did sparklers with the kids on our cul-d-sac:
Kathryn 

Kimberly


WOO HOO!  We're Graduating!!!!


The morning of your graduation.  Kathryn in polka dots and Kimberly in purple.



Standing with your class


Singing songs

Kathryn receiving her diploma

Kimberly receiving her diploma

Congrats to the graduate!

Ms. Thelma

One Proud Mommy!

Our Family

Your friend Ella who came with us

Granny K


No comments: