Thursday, June 14, 2012

Starting Off Summer Right

Our Summer Bucket List has been great at helping up come up with things to do during the day.   I am making it a goal of mine to keep my camera on me so that I can get more pictures, because unfortunately I don't have pictures of everything we've done thus far.  But, at least we're doing it.  So, here are the things we can mark off our list:

3. Go on a Family Date to Sweet Frog - This we actually did on the girls last day of school.  John was off that day so we picked them up and all went to celebrate the official start of summer.  We decided on that day that we would like to make it a tradition to go out for ice cream on the last day of school each year.  Someone help me remember that next year, ok?

6. Go see Josiah and Joella - Actually, they came to see us....but none the less we got to hang out with the Waters family.  They came to our neighborhood and went swimming with us.  It was GREAT fun!!  We are definitely aiming to achieve this item again this summer!!



Eating a picnic lunch at the pool with Josiah and Joella

8. Play on the Slip N Slide - Our friends the Hambrick family came over to help us with this one.  And we made it a bit more interesting by putting a slide at the front.  The girls all played on it for 10 minutes and then were bored, but Jeremiah and Eli had a GREAT time! 




16. Bake a Cake and Decorate It - For my birthday last month my mom gave me a cake decorating class.  So far I've had 2 lessons and have really enjoyed myself!  Thanks to this class, I have already decorated 2 cakes! :)








33. Read 112 New Books - We are 13 books into this one.  So far we've read: 

1. Fancy Nancy and the Too Loose Tooth
2. If I built a car
3. 1001 Bugs to spot
4. Human Muscles
5. Amelia Bedila's family album
6. Tools we Use: Doctors
7. Amelia Bedila Under Construction
8. Nurses at Work
9. Amelia Bedila
10. The Rules
11.  Potty
12. Merry Christmas Curious George
13. Old Hat, New Hat



35. Catch Lightning Bugs - I tried to get a picture of this, but they just turned out so dark :(  But they have had a great time doing this, we've done it 3 or 4 times now! :)

37. Feed Some Ducks - We only had 3 ducks show up for lunch, but the kids had a great time!  Now we know where to go and its really close by, so we hope to go again soon!!  Jeremiah says he would have had much more fun if the ducks had gotten out of the water and eaten straight out of his hand....but I'm betting if they had gotten out of the water he would have run off screaming!












Stay tuned for more bucket list fun......

No comments: